Date of Birth
Please enter contact information for at least one parent. Your parent will receive a confirmation of this sign up and a link to the Member Agreement and Club Waiver.
If you are on the BE THE LIGHT Club Executive Board, please select your title.
If you are not on the Executive Board leave this section as is.
If you are a member of a committee, please select your title.
If you are not on a committee leave this section as is.
If you have a dual role in the Club, please select your second position here. If you only have one position, please leave this section as is.
NOTE: You cannot be a Club member if you do not accept the terms of the BE THE LIGHT Club agreement.
Please review the BE THE LIGHT Club Member Agreement. Click below to view the member agreement where it reads, "Click here to view." After you read it, and you accept the terms and conditions, check the box and enter your first and last name.
Timely and Consistent Commitment: Your commitment is essential to the activities offered by the Club and to support, educate, empower, and uplift those we serve. Should you have a conflict and cannot attend a meeting or volunteer opportunity, please report the issue in a timely manner to your school moderator.
Volunteer Service Opportunities: We strive to ensure that volunteer opportunities, workshops, and activities with our partners are supportive, educational, diverse, empowering, and non-discriminatory, offering alternative pathways to healing, building self-esteem, being more compassionate, creating awareness and a supportive community. Our goal is to align Ari’s compassionate heart and his natural ability to serve and care for others in need of light and love with local organizations that are assisting our community in different capacities. The Ari J. Arteaga Foundation, through its many partners, will select the volunteer service opportunities and then provide guidance to the BE THE LIGHT CLUBS on how to participate in the selected volunteer opportunity. All volunteer activities must always be approved through your school’s administration so remember to work closely with your school moderator. We encourage you to conduct your own research into the organizations with whom we partner to ensure you are comfortable participating in the volunteer opportunities. Remember, membership and participation are voluntary.
Principles of Conduct: You must always abide by your school’s code of conduct. We strive to help you create a non-stigmatizing, equitable, and respectful environment and seek to provide the awareness and support for those with whom we are volunteering. As a member of the BE THE LIGHT CLUB, we ask that while doing your volunteer hours of service you adhere to certain rules of conduct in addition to your school’s code of conduct. The rules are as follows:
• Do NOT loan money to those the club is serving, even for a short period of time.
• Do NOT offer any a gift (no matter how small or without value you consider it to be), special favors, or special treatment.
• Do NOT bring food or other donations to an organization without the approval of the Foundation and the partner organization you are serving.
• Do NOT give a ride to anyone who you are serving. (including appointments).
• Do NOT “baby sit” or care for any child you met at a volunteering event.
• Do NOT give your contact information to anyone you served at a volunteering event you attended.
• Do NOT take any photographs while volunteering unless you are the designated photographer on the communications committee and have received permission from the Foundation and the partner organization you are serving.
• Do NOT post any photographs or information containing personal or confidential information before, during or after any volunteering session(s). unless you are the designated photographer on the communications committee and have received permission from the Foundation and the partner organization you are serving.
• Do NOT use your phone or any electronic device anytime you are actively volunteering. This time is to be shared with those you are serving.
• Do respect the children with whom you are volunteering and provide your undivided attention.
• Do have patience, listen with an open heart, and enjoy! We are all teachers and students and can learn so much from one another!
• Do NOT bring a non-member to any BE THE LIGHT CLUB meetings or events.
This list is not exhaustive and is meant to be an extension of your school’s rules of conduct.
The Ari J. Arteaga Foundation grants your BE THE LIGHT CLUB limited license to use its logo for purposes of promoting the Club, recruiting members, and during the Club's regular activities only within school grounds. Please abide by your school’s administrative policies regarding all these activities. Any additional use of the logo beyond activities taking place on school grounds and beyond the regular activities of the Club will require specific review and approval in advance by the Foundation. Please contact Service@AriArteagaFoundation.org about use of the logo and activities taking place beyond school grounds. Again, always seek approval of all club activities from your school’s administration first.
We are so grateful for your support and thank you for your volunteer service!
I HAVE READ THIS MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY ITS TERMS TO BEST OF ABILITY.
FOR MINOR (to be completed by Parent/Guardian for any participant under the age of 18): I, the parent/legal guardian of the captioned Minor herein, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THIS MEMBERSHIP CONTACT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO ASSIST MY CHILD TO ABIDE BY ITS TERMS TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY.
I/we agree that electronic signature to this Agreement shall be as valid as an original signature and shall be effective to bind this Agreement.
The Ari Arteaga Foundation will be communicating with the Club through text message. We will communicate important and emergency information. We will also communicate on upcoming youth friendly events that are not organized by the Clubs (Ex. The BE THE LIGHT Bowl, Gaming Tournaments, Etc.)
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We can't wait to begin this journey with you! Stay tuned for Club updates and upcoming activities. And don't forget to follow us on social media!